Understand Your Options For Buttock Augmentation
Buttock enhancement’s popularity is growing. Today women and men are seeking a more lifted, projected, and shaped buttock that reflects youth and physical fitness. In some ways the U.S. is just now catching up to the rest of the world, as surgeons from around the globe and particularly in South America have been addressing this trend for decades.
Options For Buttock Augmentation
The questions still exist:
- Is it safe?
- What is the best method?
- Who is the best candidate?
- What is all of this talk about Butt Injections?
- Pros: Immediate results, consistent sizing, longevity
- Cons: Infection, wound dehiscense (break-down), implant step-off, Implant rotation or malposition, capsular contracture, hematoma, seroma (fluid collection), large scars
- Pros: Low complication rate (Low chance of hematoma, seroma (fluid collection), infection, etc.), smooth contour, natural appearing, essentially no scars
- Cons: 3 months for final result, potentially underwhelming results, uncertain long-term results
- Pros: Very low complication rate, smooth contour, natural appearing, noscars
- Cons: 3 months for final result, highest chance for potentiallyunderwhelming results
- Pros: Mostly unknown, no scars, no anesthesia needed
- Cons: Off-label and in some cases Illegal use of substances not intended for buttock augmentation, risky infection rates, uncertain scars, uncertain long-term results
- Pros: Great option for massive weight loss patients, lifts the buttocks vs. augmenting alone, reliable results, immediate results
- Cons: Very large scars, need for drains, wound dehiscence (break-down)