The Buttock Battle: Brazilian Butt Lift VS Implants: Which Stacks Up Best?
posted on 4/9/2012
As more full-figured and curvaceous celebrities become prominent fixtures in the media, many women are opting to have plastic surgery to enhance the curve of their butt. Stars like Jennifer Lopez, Queen Latifah, and Beyonce Knowles represent a growing change in an industry once obsessed with having a bigger butt.
For those considering a surgical enhancement to change the shape, lift and size of their buttocks, there is great news. Cosmetic surgery doctors and board certified plastic surgeons have been working hard to come up with cutting edge techniques so that every client will walk away with just the right bounce in their step.
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Unlike traditional means of liposuction where fat deposits are removed and destroyed, the Brazilian Butt Lift works like this:
- First fat is removed from selected areas of your body which may include the stomach and flank.
- The removed fat is purified.
- The fat is re-injected into donor cells in the buttocks.
- Buttocks Fat injections are done in scores, or hundreds of multiple injections, along the upper quadrant of the buttocks to give a more prominent, youthful form.
- By injecting fat at various depths, doctors can control the lifted appearance of the buttocks.
What are the Risks Associated with a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Like any surgery, having the Brazilian buttock lift is not without risks. These include:
- The technical skill of your doctor.Be sure to inquire how many successful operations your surgeon has performed before you go under the knife. If purified fat is not injected properly, it may leave the patient with an uneven backside.
- If the fat is not dispersed deeply enough, a patient?s body may reject, or even burn off, the fat within a year?s time.
- Typically, if the procedure is done correctly, the results should last for many years.
What is the Cost of a Brazilian Butt Lift?
On average, patients will pay anywhere from $5,000 to $12,000 for the procedure, depending upon the amount of work that needs to be done, surgical fees, location, and specialist. (Read more about buttocks augmentation costs)
What is a Buttock Implant?
Through the insertion of a synthetic implant or the use of substances like silicone, patients can surgically enhance the shape of their butt.
These are the steps that occur during surgery:
- An incision is made along the cheek where the crease of the buttocks comes together. This is done to cover up any signs of scarring.
- Next, a large pocket is created within the flesh in order to support the implant.
- Once the implant is inserted, and additional liposuction may be done for contouring purposes.
- butt implants can be placed under the muscle or on top depending upon your preference and your doctor?s advice.
What are Risks Associated with Buttock Implants?
Some of the risks associated with butt implants include:
- Risk of infection, especially if the incision is made within the fold of the butt cheek. This area runs a high risk of contamination.
- In some reported instances, an implant may shift and cause the buttocks to look uneven.
- It is important to note that all implants are placed above the sitting area to reduce the risk of sliding.
- In some instances, patients have experienced a rupture in their implants which required removal of implant and additional surgery.
What is the Cost for Buttock Implant Surgery?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgery, the average cost for butt implant surgery was around $3,681. That does not include surgeon fees, hospital stay bills, anesthesia, and other expenses.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Buttock Augmentation Surgery?
Ideal candidates for buttocks augmentation are:
- Over the age of 18
- In good physical shape
- Have realistic ideas about their results.
Doctors may not recommend surgery if:
- The patient has a physical frame that is too petite with not enough harvestable fat in the stomach and flank areas.
- In these instances, patients may be recommended for buttock implants over a Brazilian butt lift.