Smartlipo MPX - Pros and Cons
If you’ve been considering liposuction to get rid of a few ‘vanity pounds’ or streamline your figure, you may have been turned off by the amount of recovery time and scarring involved. That’s all beginning to change thanks to the advances in liposuction and laser-assisted lipo techniques where the procedure takes far less than usual, and leaves the patient with very few scars. The Smartlipo MPX machine has recently made its way into the U.S. market, and so far, is showing promising results.
The Smartlipo system works by liquefying the fat cells before extraction, which means less trauma to the surrounding tissues, and a more precise and accurate procedure. Here’s a close look at the benefits and drawbacks of Smartlipo MPX:
Overview of Smartlipo MPX
Key Benefits of Smartlipo MPX
- Reduced risk of bleeding and bruising after surgery
- Helps tighten the skin immediately, reducing the need for bodysculpting surgery
- More effective at removing fat from small ‘trouble spots’ such as the love handles, extra weight around the hips, and even areas around the face
- More control for the doctor; the cannula can be maneuvered more easily when the fat is coagulated and easy to extract; this also reduces procedure time
Drawbacks of Smartlipo MPX
- Risk of excessive scarring
- High power treatment that may cause adverse side effects such as burns or lesions in some patients
- General discomfort that accompanies surgery
- Low to moderate risk of ‘bumps’ or uneven patches of skin after fat is removed. Some people need additional treatment, massage therapy or a non-invasive body contouring procedure to achieve their ideal silhouette.
Despite the drawbacks, Smartlipo MPX does offer many benefits for patients who are comfortable undergoing laser-assisted liposuction. The skin tightening aspect is the biggest draw for this innovative procedure, and in some cases, the entire process can be completed under general anesthesia which makes it much more comfortable for the patient.