Six Signs You're Ready for a Mommy Makeover
posted on 5/23/2012
While you can adjust to most of the changes during pregnancy – the fluctuating hormones, the weight increase, and increased breast size – adapting to the physical ramifications after pregnancy can be a challenge.
Diet and exercise can help with weight reduction and tightening up the skin, but most women cannot work off the loose and sagging skin on their own. A Mommy Makeover can help; it’s a rapidly growing concept allowing hundreds of women restore their bodies to pre-pregnancy status.
Marina Plastic Surgery Associates in California is just one of several plastic surgery centers offering Mommy Makeover packages, a set of customized procedures specifically for women in the post-pregnancy stages. From tummy tucks to breast reduction procedures, the plastic surgery center offers services that sculpt, tighten and tone women who are going through the post-pregnancy stages and want a complete transformation.
Are You Ready for a Mommy Makeover?
1. You’re in good health during recovery. Making sure your body is in a healthy condition to accommodate for surgery is essential, and you may need to wait a few weeks or months after giving birth to step back into the hospital again. Your doctor will determine when the most appropriate time for your surgery will be so you can benefit from the treatment and recover without any health concerns.
2. You’re not taking medication. Most types of medication can interfere with surgery; anything that causes blood clotting, blood vessel dilation or even some painkillers can make treatment and recovery a challenge. Make sure you review this area in detail during your consultation so you can plan your surgery around your medication schedule.
3. You have loose skin around your midsection. The midsection can be the most challenging area for most women to tackle with diet and exercise alone, and building up enough muscle in this area to reduce the appearance of fat can take months, even years. A tummy tuck or abdominal liposculpture procedure can help remove excess fatty tissue and re-structure the abdominals for a tighter and toned appearance.
4. Your face looks tired and older. Pregnancy will leave you tired for weeks and months after the birth, and you can expect your face to show it. Facial rejuvenation procedures can help tighten and tone the skin, creating a more youthful appearance. Facial rejuvenation procedures such as laser skin resurfacing, microdermabrasion and chemical peels can help rebuild collagen in the skin to make it appear firmer and more resilient.
5. You have excess fat under the arms, on the back or on the thighs. Body lift and body sculpting procedures are designed to target the areas that typically don’t respond to diet, exercise and lifestyle changes. These procedures can help you achieve a tighter, toned and more youthful look, providing you with a complete body transformation. Body lifts can also help realign muscles and fatty tissue to create new contours if needed.
6. You have stretch marks around your stomach, thighs and arms. Making sure these vulnerable areas are well-moisturized throughout the stages of pregnancy can reduce the risk of developing stretch marks, but once you have them, only a cosmetic procedure can remove them permanently. Laser skin resurfacing treatments can help get rid of stretch marks and tighten and tone the skin, and most women can achieve permanent results after a series of laser skin resurfacing treatments.
From microdermabrasion to liposculpture, a Mommy Makeover may a simple way to restore your body to its pre-pregnancy status. A combination of cosmetic procedures and lifestyle changes can help you re-create a more youthful and attractive look for years to come.
Learn more about facial rejuvenation, body sculpting and stretch mark removal treatments in our information guide, or consult with a doctor in your area to find out what types of procedures are most appropriate for your stage of recovery.