Six Reasons to Undergo a Mini Facelift
The mini facelift, also known as the ‘weekend’ lift or ‘secret’ lift is quickly becoming a popular choice for many baby boomers searching for a fast way to get rid of wrinkles.
Sagging or loose skin can be tightened and sculpted to create a more youthful appearance, but extensive surgery that requires weeks of recovery isn’t the only solution. Thanks to innovative procedures that make use of endoscopic facelift technologies, the mini facelift can help eliminate those signs of aging without extensive incisions.
If you’ve been searching for an alternative to facelift surgery and looking for near-instant results, here are six reasons to undergo a mini facelift instead:
1. You have sagging skin under the chin. Tightening up loose skin around the chin and jawline can be enough to freshen up your look and take years off your appearance. A mini facelift that gets rid of sagging skin may be combined with a skin tightening treatment such as Thermage for even more benefits.
2. You need a touch up procedure after a regular facelift. If you’ve already undergone the conventional facelift surgery but need to fill out wrinkles or enhance the skin a few years later, the mini facelift may be a better solution for you. The mini facelift can help strengthen any loose skin tissues to recreate the results of your previous facelift procedure.
3. You have a very tight schedule. Whether you’re a busy business exec or a stay-at-home parent with limited free time, a mini facelift can give you quick results and does not demand extensive recovery time. This means you can get back to work or your daily activities within a few days – and enjoy your new look shortly thereafter.
4. You have a strong cheek and jawbone structure. A mini facelift cannot reshape or recontour your facial structure entirely, but will enhance your existing features. If you have a strong cheek and jawbone structure, but noticeably sagging skin and wrinkles, you may be a good candidate for the mini facelift procedure.
5. You don’t want Botox for wrinkles on the forehead. If you have frown lines and wrinkles around the upper facial area, dermal fillers may be an option. Still, if you’re not interested in settling for injectable filler treatment, a mini facelift can help you achieve a smooth and tightened look.
6. You have healthy skin and a relatively healthy lifestyle. Healthy skin that has not lost too much elasticity and still heals fairly quickly is much more likely to respond to facelift surgery of any kind. If you don’t tan or smoke, you are also a good candidate for this type of procedure because your skin will heal and recover.
Dr. Larry Young, a facial plastic surgeon in Nashville explains the basics of the mini facelift procedure in this video:
Overall, the mini facelift is a great match for those who want to target only a few problem areas on the face and can be combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as Thermage or dermal fillers.