Restore Your Skin with a Micro-Fractional Laser Treatment
As the years go by, your skin can become damaged from the sun, accumulate age spots and wrinkles, and start to sag and droop. Aesthetic laser treatments can help to improve the texture and tone of your skin, and can also reverse many of the signs of aging. If you’re looking for a laser skin resurfacing treatment with little downtime and one that delivers a noticeable improvement in the skin after a single session, consider the micro-fractional laser. This laser delivers similar results as the CO2 laser skin resurfacing treatment and promises a fast recovery time.
Set up a consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist in your area to find out if you are a good candidate for the micro-fractional laser treatment. Your dermatologist will be able to create a skin rejuvenation plan that will help you achieve healthy-looking and youthful skin.
How Micro-Fractional Laser Treatments Work
Fractional laser treatments are designed to damage the skin tissue directly beneath the skin’s surface, but only treat areas of the skin that are already damaged. The laser breaks up the damaged cells and tissues without affecting the surrounding area, and the heat from the treatment works to increase collagen and elastin production. As the skin heals, the damaged skin disappears and you’re left with smoother skin and a rejuvenated appearance.
Micro-fractional lasers are a variation of the traditional fractional resurfacing laser, and are often called a “dot” laser because they can target very small patches of skin. This means even less trauma to the surrounding skin and a faster recovery time. The laser treatment uses a gold-standard wavelength for skin rejuvenation and a high-speed scanner which helps to deliver a precise amount of laser energy.
Many people who are considering fractional resurfacing are good candidates for the micro-fractional laser treatment. The treatment can deliver amazing benefits without pain, incisions and needles.
Top Benefits of Micro-Fractional Laser Treatments
Micro-fractional laser treatments have proven to be particularly effective for getting rid of acne scars, age spots and other types of superficial scars. It can be performed on most skin types and has minimal side effects.
Some of the top benefits of the micro-fractional laser treatment include:
- More comfortable than traditional laser skin resurfacing treatments
- Significant improvement in the texture and tone of the skin after a single treatment
- Rapid recovery time
- Can treat more delicate areas of the body, including the décolletage, neck, hands and arms
- Less expensive than a series of regular fractional resurfacing treatments
- Is performed on an outpatient basis
- No downtime
- Patient can wear makeup and use skincare products shortly after the session
- Noticeable improvement in red and brown spots
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Eliminates fine lines and wrinkles, or reduces the appearance of deeper wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of deep scars and stubborn pigmentation
Learn more about the latest skin rejuvenation treatments in our information guide, or set up a consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist in your area to find out if you are a good candidate for the micro-fractional laser procedure.