Most Effective Ways to Lose Cellulite and Tone Your Skin
No matter how much weight you lose or how often you work out, you may still be troubled by cellulite. Cellulite appears when fat gets trapped in the connective tissue directly under your skin, and once it has formed, it can be nearly impossible to get rid of. There are a number of treatments available at medical spas and cosmetic surgery centers that can reduce or eliminate cellulite.
Find out if you may be a good candidate for cellulite treatments by getting in touch with a cosmetic surgeon in your area. A professional consultation will determine if you are a candidate for cellulite removal treatments, and which procedure will be the best fit for you.
Popular Types of Cellulite Treatments
Some of today’s most popular cellulite treatments have evolved beyond massage therapy and Endermologie sessions to provide long-lasting results. Many medical spas and cosmetic surgeons now offer the following types of cellulite treatments:
- Ultrasound massage treatments – ultrasound energy waves are emitted into the skin tissues to break up fatty tissue and may reduce the appearance of cellulite. The FDA has approved some types of body massage and ultrasound combination treatments for the reduction of cellulite.
- VelaSmooth – an innovative treatment that uses elos laser technology to smooth and contour the skin, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. It’s a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that can also strengthen and tone the skin.
- Electric muscle stimulation – even though it has not been approved as effective for body contouring or cellulite reduction by the FDA, some women many notice an improvement in the appearance of cellulite with electric muscle stimulation sessions. This treatment emits electrical currents into hardened fatty tissue. When this tissue is broken down, the body eliminates the fat cells naturally.
- Body wraps – body wrapping is a centuries-old treatment that can help to detoxify the body and increase circulation. Women with minimal amounts of cellulite may benefit from a series of detoxifying and skin tightening body treatments because these help to flush out excess water and tone the skin. Body wraps are among the least expensive cellulite treatment options.
Benefits of Cellulite Treatments
In order to ensure that the cellulite treatment is producing the best results, it’s important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regiment during treatment period. A healthy diet and working out regularly help to flush toxins from the body so that excess fat can be eliminated naturally.
Some of the top benefits of cellulite treatments include:
- Smoother, contoured appearance
- Improvement in skin tone and shape
- Increase in skin elasticity
- Reduction of bumps and bulges
- More attractive silhouette
Cellulite treatments are performed on an outpatient basis, and some can be performed over the lunch hour.
Learn more about some of today’s most popular cellulite treatments in our information guide or consult with a cosmetic surgeon in your area to find out which of these cellulite treatments will help you get the results you want.