Infographic: Season's grEATINGS! Holiday Weight Gain and Your Weight Loss Solutions
Season’s grEATINGS! Holiday Weight Gain and Your Weight Loss Solutions
You love to eat during the holidays... BUT if you eat too much when you celebrate, you might be playing Santa at your next office party.
The average weight an adult gains each holiday season is 2 pounds! What’s worse... most of us never lose it.
Will you be Naughty or Nice?
|Pecan Pie (500 calories / slice)||Pumpkin Pie (230 calories / slice)|
|Turkey Leg with skin (148 calories/ serving)||Honey Ham (67 calories / serving)|
|Cheese Tray (110 calories / serving)||Fruit Tray (80 calories / serving)|
|Dinner roll (140 calories / roll)||Salad w/o dressing (15 cal / serving)|
|Macaroni and Cheese (320 calories / serving)||Green Bean Casserole (110 calories / serving)|
|Eggnog (391 calories / 8 oz.)||Champagne (96 calories / 8 oz.)|
|Calorie Total: 1,609||Calorie Total: 598|
If you go Naughty, you’ll consume 1,609 calories in one sitting! That’ll take 2.5 hours of high-impact aerobics to burn off.
If you go Nice, you’ll consume only 598 calories. You’re only in for less than 1 hour of high-impact aerobics!
If you pack on 2 pounds each year starting when you’re 21, by the time you are 45 years old, you will have gained 48 lbs.
How can you keep the holiday merriment off your hips?
- Eat before you go. It’s tempting to go to a holiday party starving, but it means you’ll likely stuff yourself. Snack before you go and save yourself from overeating.
- Exercise daily. Get a minimum of 30 mins of activity a day, even if you’d rather hibernate near the fireplace. If you do gorge yourself at the big feast, go to the gym the next morning!
- Eat slowly. Your brain might want to eat all the things, but it also needs 20 minutes to know your stomach is full. Drink a glass of water before you start eating as well - it helps to curb your hunger.
- Portion control. Can’t resist the holiday treats? Serve yourself half of a normal portion and save a ton of calories. Then you don’t have to be embarrassed that you don’t fit into your New Year’s Eve dress!
So you couldn’t resist the pie
You knew better, but you ate it all anyway and now your waistline is a little out of control. Don’t worry - you’re not on Santa’s Naughty list yet! Start making healthy decisions this holiday season!
- 45 million Americans go on a diet each year, but most are unsuccessful.
If you want a solution that works, Weight Loss Program practices provide options to help you keep it off with:
- Customized Weight Loss Plans
- Meal Replacement Programs
- Calorie Counter Plans
- Ongoing Support to Ensure You Keep it Off
Still not getting the results you want?
Ask your doctors about procedures such as liposuction to take off those extra inches. A tummy tuck or lower body lift can also help you get that flat belly back.
Shape up for the New Year! Doctors are happy to help you meet your aesthetic goals. Find a doctor today!
- Read Reviews
- See Board Certifications
- Check Financial Options
Copy and paste the code in the area below to place "Season's grEATINGS! Holiday Weight Gain and Your Weight Loss Solutions" image on your site for free.
Other Infographics from LocateADoc.com:
Got Boobs? The Growth of the American Breast - Americans’ fascination with breasts dates back long before Pamela Anderson and the bombshells of today.
The Fresh Face of 2013 - Non-Surgical Options for a Brand New You! - Your face is capable of producing over 5,000 facial expressions! With new advances in non-surgical procedures, you now have one more reason to smile.
Holiday Stress? Relax at a Medical Spa! - It might be “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” but there’s also a lot to do, especially if you have parties to plan, kids to shop for, and Secret Santas to remember. Before you reach for a bottle of eggnog to take the edge off, consider other ways to chill out!
Plastic Fantastic - What We Pay To Go Under The Knife - 13.8 million cosmetic procedures were completed in 2011. Cosmetic procedures are more popular than ever - for both men and women! Why do people shell out so much money for it?