Guide to Lunchtime Injectable Fillers
posted on 9/24/2010
You no longer have to spend hours at the plastic surgeon’s office to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines. Injectable fillers, also known as dermal fillers, will plump up the skin instantly and get rid of those signs of aging in a flash. Fillers are now a popular “lunchtime procedure” for many men and women who are noticing the signs of premature aging creeping up on them, and you’ll find several options at your local medical spa or cosmetic surgery center.
Get in touch with a medical spa in your area to learn about some of the latest dermal filler options available. Your anti-aging specialist will discuss some of the pros and cons of today’s most popular fillers, and put together a treatment plan that best meets your needs.
Popular Types of Lunchtime Injectable Fillers
Injectable fillers are made with natural compounds such as hyaluronic acid, as well as man-made materials such as synthetic collagen. Different fillers are designed to improve various types of imperfections and most add volume to the facial compartments to create a more youthful appearance. Some injectable fillers also increase collagen production in the skin, and will strengthen the skin tissue while increasing elasticity. The result is a more contoured, sculpted and younger-looking appearance.
Some of the most popular types of lunchtime injectable fillers include:
- Hylaform - an hyaluronic acid filler that can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Restylane - another hyaluronic acid filler that can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Juvederm – a cross-linked hyaluronic acid filler that has become a popular choice for the “liquid facelift”
- Radiesse - a calcium hydroxylapatite filler that mimics the compounds found in bones and teeth. It is commonly used as part of reconstructive facial treatments.
- Sculptra – a polylactic acid-based filler that has been approved by the FDA to treat lipoatrophy
Most of these fillers are administered within minutes, and the entire procedure typically takes between 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the number of areas being treated.
Why Choose a Lunchtime Anti-Aging Procedure?
There are a number of benefits of choosing a lunchtime filler or procedure, instead of undergoing a facelift or other type of surgery. Injectable fillers are minimally-invasive, which means there is no need for extensive incisions or surgery. Other reasons to choose a lunchtime anti-aging procedure instead of traditional surgical solutions, include:
- Quick and relatively painless procedure
- Minimal downtime involved
- Can return to work and other activities immediately afterwards
- Produces progressive results
- Series of treatments can enhance results for months after the first session
- More affordable than surgery
- Can be performed on an outpatient basis
- Minimal side effects
- Any bruising or swelling subsides within a few hours after treatment
Lunchtime injectable fillers can be a convenient alternative to a facelift and can dramatically change your appearance after a single treatment.
Learn more about injectable fillers in our information guide, or consult with a medical spa in your area to find out if you may be a good candidate for a dermal filler treatment over your lunch hour.