Five Signs It's Time for BOTOX
Fine lines around the mouth, crow’s feet and wrinkles on your forehead can easily give away your real age. Thankfully, there are several anti-aging treatments that can restore your looks back to your days of youth. BOTOX and other injectables such as Juvederm and Evolence are some of the most popular ways to enjoy the benefits of a ‘liquid facelift.’ These dermal fillers are simply injected into different facial compartments, and help to fill out any hollowed areas or plump up existing wrinkles.
If you’re noticing any of these premature signs of aging, a consultation with an anti-aging specialist may just help you stop the clock:
1. Deep furrows on the forehead. BOTOX is the leading ‘quick fix’ for anyone who has developed deep furrows and wrinkles on the forehead. The treatment helps to ‘freeze’ the nerves in the large surface area of the forehead to create a smooth, expressionless appearance.
2. Laugh lines (crow’s feet). Those thin crinkles around your eyes prove you’ve enjoyed the best that life has to offer, but can also give away your age. BOTOX can be administered around the delicate eye area to tighten up loose skin around the eyes and rejuvenate the upper facial area.
3. Thick bands around the neck. Creases and folds around your neck can develop as soon as your early 30s, and do not diminish with conventional skincare treatments. BOTOX can be applied in small quantities to the folds and creases around your neck to create a smoother appearance.
4. Frown lines at the top of your nose. Frowning on a regular basis and squinting in front of a computer can cause deep lines and wrinkles to develop on the bridge of your nose. BOTOX can be used only in this area to tighten up the skin and prevent new wrinkles from forming.
5. Light wrinkles near the hairline. Lighter wrinkles around the top of your hairline and on the forehead can also be treated with BOTOX. A series of microinjections in key areas near the forehead can create a tightened, toned and smoother appearance.
Even when your healthy skin management routine involves a daily facial cleansing, using high quality moisturizers and getting a good night’s rest, premature signs of aging can creep up on you as early as your late 20s. BOTOX can be administered in just 10 -15 minutes, so it could be the ideal treatment for your anti-aging treatment over lunch. Most people will see results immediately, and a series of treatments is recommended to maintain those youthful looks for the long-term.
Still, BOTOX isn’t the right match for filling out wrinkles around the mouth or plumping up hollowed cheeks. Since BOTOX works by ‘freezing’ the muscles, applying it around the mouth or chin area can make it hard to eat and talk properly (Source: MayoClinic.com). If you’re looking for facial fillers that help plump up your cheeks, reduce wrinkles around the nose or just want to plump up your lips, injectables such as Restylane, Artefill and Juvederm may be a better choice.
Learn more about BOTOX and other injectable fillers in our information guide, or consult with a BOTOX specialist in your area to find the best treatment plan for your needs.