Facial Liposuction- Are You A Good Candidate?
If you’re yearning for a more youthful appearance but don’t want to commit to surgery, facial liposuction offers several benefits for facial enhancement. Facial liposuction can remove excess fat around the neck, cheeks, and chin areas and may leave skin looking smoother and more resilient.
Removing fatty deposits in a few critical areas of the face can take years off your appearance, and the procedure may even be safer than other facial treatments and surgery. Still, facial liposuction isn’t the best match for all skin types and may be detrimental to your health. Your cosmetic surgeon can assess whether you are a strong match for this popular procedure.
A Good Candidate for Facial Liposuction will Possess the Following Key Traits:
1. Younger skin. While age isn’t necessarily the strongest factor for facial liposuction, skin that has more elasticity will recover and heal faster than aging skin. The facial liposuction procedure doesn’t lead to extensive scarring or bruising, but there is some recovery time needed for the face to ‘adjust’ to the new shape and size. Youthful skin will recover more quickly as the collagen is rebuilt and the skin cells accommodate for the new shape. A facelift or other skin rejuvenation procedure can help with loose skin problems.
2. Stable and healthy weight range. You’ll need to be within a healthy weight range, usually within 30 percent of your ideal weight. Being in good health overall also makes it easier for the face to recover after treatment.
3. Realistic expectations. Marina Plastic Surgery in Los Angeles explains that the best candidates for facial liposuction are those that have realistic expectations. Learning about how the procedure works is part of the consultation, but you can also research the procedure to learn more. Viewing before and after galleries of patients who have had the procedure can also help you set some realistic expectations for your own treatment.
4. You’ve already tried dieting and exercise to lose weight. Since most people do not lose a lot of fat from the face as easily as the rest of the body, diet and exercise alone typically aren’t the best solutions. Losing fatty tissue in the face and neck area may require surgery, and facial liposuction is a convenient minimally-invasive surgery option.
5. Can take up to a week off work. Most people recover after just 2-4 days after treatment, but the pain and swelling may take up to a week to subside. While this can be managed with ice packs and over the counter painkillers, you’ll still need some time to rest and allow the skin and body to heal. After the week of recovery, you can expect to start seeing significant results within a few months.
Facial liposuction can be combined with other skin tightening and firming treatments for even more dramatic results. Facelifts and skin enhancing procedures such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion may follow the facial liposuction treatment to boost collagen production and make skin more resilient.
Learn more about facial liposuction in our information guide so you are well-prepared for your procedure. A consultation with a surgeon in your area can provide you with more comprehensive information on facial liposuction so you know what to expect and look forward to a safe and effective procedure.