Infographic: The Fresh Face of 2013 - Non-Surgical Options for a Brand New You!
The Fresh Face of 2013 - Non-Surgical Options for a Brand New You!
Your face is capable of producing over 5,000 facial expressions! With new advances in non-surgical procedures, you now have one more reason to smile.
In 2011, 12.2 MILLION minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the US. 95% of these were performed on the face.
As we age...
- Zits, bumps and redness — sadly, they don't disappear with high school graduation. 50% of women in their twenties suffer from acne
- Since the skin is so delicate, by the time women are in their 30s they begin to experience undereye bags.
- Most sun damage to our skin occurs before our 20, but the effects manifest into sunspots by our 40s
- Small muscle contractions over a lifetime can result in crow’s feet and laugh lines in our 50s
- Sun damage - Can cause the skin to lose elasticity, develop cancerous and noncancerous growths, change pigment, and thicken.
- Smoking - Nicotine causes narrowing of the blood vessels, reducing blood circulation and nutrients to your skin, and the smoke can cause dullness and dehydration.
- Sugar - Weakens the good collagen in your skin, leaving it less supple and more vulnerable to sun damage.
- Sleeping with Makeup - Wash up before you drift o! Makeup can combine with skin oil overnight to produce clogged pores and oxygen-starved skin.
- It’s too late to start using sunscreen.
- FICTION: It’s never too late to protect your skin from the sun. Skin can also repair itself, given the opportunity, but it can take several years.
- You are what you eat.
- FACT: Your skin will thank your for having a healthy and well balanced diet. Yellow and green vegetables and food containing vitamin C keep your skin younger-looking.
- Free radicals cause wrinkling.
- FACT: Toxins and pollutants in the air damage your skin cells during oxidation making it difficult for the body to produce new healthy skin cells
- You can shrink your pores.
- FICTION: The size of your pores is determined by genetics. They can often look overly enlarged due to keratin or bacteria.
Reverse damaging effects of aging with minimally invasive cosmetic procedures
- BOTOX® - $365
- Wrinkles smooth over and frown lines relax with the help of these noninvasive injections.
- CHEMICAL PEEL - $653
- This treatment uses a specific combination of advanced chemicals to slough off the rough, dull top layer of skin, leaving your complexion glowing and baby-smooth.
- DERMAL FILLERS - $950
- Sometimes called "liquid facelifts," these injections add volume to your face and fill in sagging areas.
- LASER SKIN RESURFACING - $1,167
- The second layer of skin is stimulated with lasers to produce more collagen fibers, smoothing and tightening your cheeks.
- MICRODERMABRASION - $141
- This light treatment eliminates dead skin cells from the epidermis, allowing your skin's inner beauty to shine through.
- Boost your confidence with cost-effective options
- Quick and relatively painless procedures that could be completed over a lunch break
- Short recovery time, with side effects subsiding within two days
- Instant results
3 out of 4 physicians said they treat patients who seek facial procedures to stay competitive in the workplace.
Non-surgical facial procedures are ever-increasing in popularity: 123% increase in total minimally invasive cosmetic procedures from 2000 to 2011
Buyer Beware! Popularity and the economic downturn ushered many non-medical personnel into the arena offering cosmetic treatments like BOTOX®. Beware of ads or promotions that sound too good to be true; they may be!
Find a Doctor on LocateADoc.com
1) Read Reviews
2) See Board Certifications
3) Check Financing Options
American Society of Plastic Surgery, The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Statista.com, Ebody-specialist.com, WebMD.com, MSNBC, Livestrong.com, Glamcheck.com, Statista
Copy and paste the code in the area below to place "The Fresh Face of 2013 - Non-Surgical Options for a Brand New You!" image on your site for free.
Other Infographics from LocateADoc.com:
Holiday Stress? Relax at a Medical Spa! - It might be “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” but there’s also a lot to do, especially if you have parties to plan, kids to shop for, and Secret Santas to remember. Before you reach for a bottle of eggnog to take the edge off, consider other ways to chill out!
Season's geEATINGS! Holiday Weight Gain and Your Weight Loss Solutions - You love to eat during the holidays... BUT if you eat too much when you celebrate, you might be playing Santa at your next office party. The average weight an adult gains each holiday season is 2 pounds! What’s worse... most of us never lose it.
Plastic Fantastic - What We Pay To Go Under The Knife - 13.8 million cosmetic procedures were completed in 2011. Cosmetic procedures are more popular than ever - for both men and women! Why do people shell out so much money for it?
Breast Self Exam and Breast Cancer Facts - We know the truth: Giving yourself a breast exam is the last thing on your mind as you cherish the few minutes of peace and quiet you get in the shower each day! The truth of it is, if you want to keep wearing your favorite bras, you’ll need to make sure that what fills them up is healthy.