DOCTOR SPOTLIGHT: James D. McMahan, MD, FACS
posted on 10/26/2012
James D. McMahan, M.D., F.A.C.S., a Board Certified aesthetic surgeon who has been voted one of America’s Top Surgeons many times over by America’s Research Council. If you are seeking treatment to reveal the best possible you, then Dr. McMahan is the doctor for you.
Dr. McMahan gives each patient his full attention, answering all of his or her questions honestly and completely. Whether it is to reduce the signs of aging, or improve a physical feature, the decision to enhance your appearance with aesthetic surgery is a personal one. The doctor combines the personal attention and a professional approach to treatment and education that every patient deserves.
Top Procedures Performed:
• Breast Augmentation (Breast Implants)
• Liposuction Surgery (Lipoplasty)
• Face Lift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
• Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
• Breast Lift Surgery
• Facial Cosmetic Surgery
• BOTOX Injections Treatment
• Eyelid Lift Surgery
• Chemical Peel
Q&A with Dr. McMahan:
Describe the most rewarding experience that you have had working with a patient?
The most rewarding experience that I have with my patients is when they leave my office and can’t stop saying ‘thank you.’ I know that I have made a big change in their lives because they are over-whelmed with their results and they can’t stop smiling or talking about how happy they are. Sometimes it’s with a very long, extensive surgery such as with patients who have lost a lot of weight and they come in for a tummy tuck, breast lift, arm lift and thigh lift. Other times it is as simple as a breast augmentation, ear pinning or rhinoplasty. Seeing patients outlook on life change with a great result from plastic surgery is extremely gratifying.
What is your charity organization of choice and why?
I give to a lot of charities because I believe that it is the right thing to do. I spread it out bewteen my church, the Susan H Komen foundation, Childrens Hospital, children’s leukemia foundation, kidney foundation and several others.
• 1975-1979 - University of Oregon - Eugene, Oregon
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
• 1979-1983 - Oregon Health Sciences University - Portland, Oregon
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
• 1983-1984 - Hurley Medical Center - Flint, Michigan
General Surgery Internship
• 1984-1988 - Mt. Sinai Medical Center - Miami Beach, Florida
General Surgery Residency
• 1988-1990 - Ohio State University - Columbus, Ohio
Plastic Surgery Residency
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations:
• Riverside Methodist Hospital
• Upper Arlington Surgery Center
• Knightsbridge Surgery Center
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons
• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
• Fellow, American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
• Ohio Valley Society for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
• Columbus Medical Association
• Columbus Surgical Society
• Ohio State Medical Association
• Columbus Society of Plastic Surgeons