Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast Basics? Human Collagen to Get Rid of Wrinkles
Injectable fillers are quickly becoming a popular alternative to the conventional facelift, and these ‘liquid facelifts’ are proving to be the ultimate quick fix for fine lines and wrinkles.
Juvederm, Restylane and BOTOX offer several advantages, but human collagen fillers such as Cosmoderm and Cosmpolast are also offering promising results. If you’ve been searching for a way to get rid of wrinkles and freshen up your look, consider these key benefits and drawbacks of Cosmoderm and Cosmpolast:
Why Use Human Collagen Fillers?
Collagen is a natural compound produced by the body, but collagen production begins to slow with age. Several skin rejuvenation procedures can stimulate collagen production so that skin can rebuild and renew itself naturally, but human collagen fillers can help boost collagen levels instantly. Since these fillers contain natural substances that are already present in the body, they can help create a natural, fuller-looking appearance for the cheeks and jaw area, plump up fine lines around the mouth, and even reduce frown lines and wrinkles on the forehead. Brand name fillers such as Cosmoderm and Cosmpolast offer several benefits for aging skin.
Key Benefits of Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast
- Little or no downtime – unlike other facial rejuvenation treatments, Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast do not require a lot of post-treatment care, and most people can return to regular activities within a couple of hours
- Quick administration – Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast treatments take under an hour to administer, and can even be scheduled into a lunch break.
- Lower risk of allegies – some people who are sensitive to hyaluronic acid and ingredients found in other dermal fillers can look forward to results from injectable fillers without the adverse side effects. Instances of cold symptoms, fever, ear infection and insomnia are very rare, according to this report by Inamed Aesthetics.
- Little or no pain involved – the tiny needle from the injection is the only cause of discomfort from the Cosmoderm or Cosmoplast procedure. Redness and light swelling around the area immediately after treatment is temporary, and any pain will subside within a few hours.
- Few touch ups required – after a series of Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast treatments, maintaining results will be necessary every 3 – 12 months. This is only necessary to maintain ‘optimum correction’, so missing a treatment may not necessarily mean you will start seeing wrinkles and fine lines crop up rapidly.
Drawbacks of Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast
While Cosmoderm and Cosmpolast do have several benefits, they also have a few drawbacks. Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast treatments may trigger an allergic reaction in some people, and can also have adverse affects on those with rhumeatoid arthritis and other joint problems. Consulting with a cosmetic surgeon about the risk factors involved with human collagen injections can make it easier to choose the right filler for your needs.
Bottom Line: While facelifts and skin tightening treatments can help you get rid of wrinkles and achieve a more youthful appearance, committing to surgery or an extensive skincare regiment might not fit into your busy schedule. Human collagen fillers such as Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast can help plump up wrinkles, reduce sagging skin and create a fuller face after only a few treatments.
Learn more about injectable fillers and skin rejuvenation in our information guide, or consult with a cosmetic surgeon in your area to find out if Cosmoderm or Cosmoplast fillers are a good fit for you.