Breast Augmentation Consultation Checklist
If you’ve decided to go under the knife to get breast implants, you need to talk to at least two to three board-certified plastic surgeons who specialize in breast augmentation surgery. Setting up a consultation with these surgeons will give you a better idea of what to expect from the procedure, and also determine whether you are a candidate for surgery. Remember that every surgeon uses different techniques and has a different skill level. You need to use your best judgment to determine which plastic surgeon will be able to give you the results you want. See breast implants pictures.
Use the questions below as a guide for your breast augmentation consultation checklist. The information you gather from these consultations will help you make the most informed decision when choosing your breast implant doctor:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Can you share before and after photos of patients who got implants I am interested in?
- Can I contact any of your former patients for a recommendation or advice?
- How long have you been performing breast augmentation surgery? What is your success rate?
- What type of implant, incision size, and type of technique would you use if I was your patient? Why?
- What are some of the risks and possible outcomes of this procedure? Will anything in my health or medical history increase these risks?
- Is your surgery center fully-certified? What type of accreditation has the center earned?
- What type of anesthesia will be used, and what are the potential side effects and risks involved?
- What is your breast implant revision policy if I’m not happy with the results? Do you offer revision surgery at a discount, or what are my options?
- What types of services or treatments do you offer during the post-op phase? How many follow-up appointments will I have with you?