Benefits of Liposuction Breast Reduction
While thousands of women flock to the plastic surgeon’s office for the ever-popular breast augmentation procedure, many are looking for the opposite effect: breast reduction. Very large breasts can be painful and cumbersome for some women, and limit their ability to participate in certain sports or even find clothing that fits them properly. Breast reduction surgery can help to relieve this burden. Dr. Diane Duncan, M.D., at the Plastic Surgical Associates of Fort Collins, CO now offers an alternative to the traditional ‘mammaplasty’ procedure using a liposuction technique. The liposuction breast reduction procedure promises less scarring and better results. View some of these breast reduction before and after pictures.
How Liposuction Breast Reduction Works
The traditional procedure also removes skin and glandular tissue, and is more invasive. In the liposuction breast reduction procedure, only the excess fatty tissue is removed. The surgeon only makes one small incision under the fold of each breast and uses a tiny cannula to suction out the excess fat. The entire procedure takes less than an hour and is much less traumatic than the traditional breast reduction technique.
Key Benefits of Liposuction Breast Reduction
In addition to the shorter surgery time, some of the key benefits of breast reduction surgery performed only with liposuction include:
- Faster healing time – patients can return to activities within a week
- Lower cost – the liposuction technique only requires a fraction of the time of the traditional surgery technique, so patients end up spending much less for their procedure
- Appropriate for women without excessively large breasts – liposuction does not address issues of stretched skin or ligaments so it would not be appropriate for women with very large breasts. However, it can deliver great results for women with slightly larger breast and good skin that will retract easily.
- No risk of extreme scarring or loss of nipple sensation
- Tiny incision that heals quickly and is barely visible under the breast fold
Find out if the board-certified plastic surgery doctor in your area has experience with the liposuction breast reduction procedure. If you are in the Colorado area, contact the Plastic Surgical Associates and find out if a breast reduction by lipo is right for you.