Microdermabrasion works to buff away dead skin cells and also promotes healthy skin renewal. If you’ve been looking for an anti aging solution without surgery, you may be a good candidate for microdermabrasion. Here are eight ways microdermabrasion can help to ward off the signs of aging and help you restore your youthful look:
1. Strengthens the skin and improves skin’s texture. While regular facials can give your skin a ‘workout’ and increase circulation to the skin's top layer, microdermabrasion treatments go one step beyond the facial’s exfoliation capabilities and also help to strengthen the skin. This process speeds up the cell renewal process so skin appears healthier and stronger within days after the treatment.
2. Promotes healthy cell renewal. As we age, the natural cell renewal process slows down significantly. This means your skin is at risk for developing pigmentation, age spots and wrinkles. Microdermabrasion reignites the skin cell renewal process so your skin grows back quickly and looks healthier.
3. Tightens and tones the skin. Since microdermabrasion triggers collagen production, your skin will appear smoother, tighter and more toned a few weeks after each treatment. Over time, this creates a more youthful, sculpted appearance, especially around the jawline and forehead areas.
4. Can be combined with chemical peels. The effects of microdermabrasion can be enhanced when combined with a chemical peel. Chemical peels stimulate collagen production and can deep cleanse the pores so you are left with a smoother, more attractive-looking skin tone. The peel is typically applied after the microdermabrasion session so that it can sink deep into the pores. Your medical esthetician will be able to recommend the best chemical peel for your skin type during your consultation.
5. Can be used to treat age spots. Get rid of age spots and sun spots with a series of microdermabrasion treatments that buff away the top layer of skin and also speed up the cell renewal process so healthy skin cells can grow over it. Age spots can be minimized after just three to five microdermabrasion treatments.
6. Can even out an uneven skin tone. If you have an uneven skin tone with darker patches around the cheeks, forehead or chin area, microdermabrasion can help to create a more even appearance. Since the treatment triggers collagen production, your skin becomes stronger, more resilient and appears more even.
7. Can buff away fine lines and wrinkles. Instead of turning to Botox and laser skin resurfacing treatments to get rid of lines and wrinkles, you can undergo a series of microdermabrasion treatments that help to buff away lines and wrinkles around the mouth, nose and eyes.
8. Reduces skin pigmentation. Pigmentation is a common side effect of the aging process, but a set of microdermabrasion treatments can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots around the face and neck and improve the overall texture and tone of the skin.
Learn more about microdermabrasion in our treatment guide, or consult with a medical spa in your area to find out if you may be a good candidate for this anti aging procedure.