5 Reasons to Get a Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is a popular procedure for women and men who want a flat, tight stomach. If you have a layer of fat on your abs that never goes away, or have recently had kids and lost your six-pack from the pregnancy, you could be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
Tummy tucks are fairly extensive procedures and involve making a long incision around the hip joints. However, results are very dramatic and once you’re all healed, you’ll have a flat, tightened and toned stomach.
Here are five reasons why you would consider getting the tummy tuck procedure:
1. To get rid of sagging skin.When you’ve lost a lot of weight after bariatric surgery, or just by dieting and exercising, you might be left with “skin rolls” or loose skin. A tummy tuck will remove excess skin to create a streamlined appearance.
2. To get rid of stubborn belly fat.If diet and exercise haven’t helped you shed that layer of fat on your abs, a tummy tuck may be the only option you have left for getting rid of the fat for good.
3. To tighten loose muscles.After pregnancy, the abdominal muscles can separate and must be “sewn” together with surgery. Your tummy tuck surgeon can tighten loose muscles and also get rid of excess skin that might be creating an unattractive contour.
4. To lose the stomach “pooch”.Even though you might be at a healthy weight, genetics might leave you with a small mound of fat and skin on top of your abs or a stomach “pooch”. This rarely goes away with dieting and exercising, and only those with very low body fat end up seeing it disappear entirely. Abdominoplasty surgery can get rid of the dreaded stomach pooch and create a flat, toned waistline.
5. To boost self-confidence.If you’re self-conscious about the size and shape of your stomach, this procedure can create a much more attractive, streamlined and even youthful appearance.