5 Effective Ways to Lose Cellulite
Medical science confirms that reducing body fat doesn’t necessarily mean getting rid of cellulite. Those stubborn pockets of fat are largely due to genetics, lifestyle and eating habits, and over 80% of women battle cellulite on any given day.
Cellulite is most pronounced on the outer thighs, buttocks and arms, and can affect any size or shape. However, there are several ways to reduce the appearance of cellulite and even get rid of those extra fat cells for good.
What are some effective short term and long term ways to lose cellulite?
1. Endermologie treatments.Endermologie treatments continue to be a popular cellulite reduction procedure at medspas and cosmetic surgery centers across the country, and make use of laser and high-intensity massage to help reshape and tone up the skin. The laser treatment is designed to break down fatty tissue under the skin’s surface, while the massage can help shuttle away the loose fat cells and improve lymph and blood flow throughout the body. A series of endermologie treatments can then tighten and tone up the skin, soften the tissues and break down fatty deposits that are causing cellulite.
2. Dietary changes. Cellulite can become more obvious when the skin is holding water because of dehydration. Eliminating excess caffeine, sugar, salt and alcohol in the diet can help detoxify the body and bring water levels in balance. This can help reduce the appearance of cellulite and may make it easier to burn off those extra fat cells in the future.
3. Body wraps for cellulite. Many spas, weight loss centers and aesthetic centers promote ‘anti-cellulite’ body wraps and other body treatments that promise to tighten and tone the skin. These topical treatments can be fairly intensive, and help to detoxify the skin and increase blood circulation. These wraps can provide temporary results as they tighten the skin and deplete the body of extra water; this process can make cellulite less noticeable, and a series of body wraps may help smooth out and tighten the skin.
4. Massage therapy. Vigorous massage treatments can boost circulation and improve skin elasticity. A series of massage treatments also help reduce excess fluids and toxins from the body, making the skin appear firmer, smoother and more resilient. This can reduce the appearance of cellulite and may even make it easier to lose weight.
5. Mesotherapy injections.Mesotherapy is another increasingly popular solution for cellulite, a procedure that does not require any surgery, but one that can break down fatty deposits and help the skin become firmer and smoother with time. Mesotherapy does target actual fat cells, so once they are removed from the body they are gone for good. However, there are several health risks involved with mesotherapy injections, and a series of treatments is required to achieve lasting results.
From body wraps to endermologie treatments, there are several options for getting rid of cellulite. Learn more about cellulite treatments in our information guide, or consult with a cosmetic surgeon in your area for the best treatment plan for your needs.