Anthony N.G. Wakim, M.D.
Are You Looking For A Clinic That Provides State-Of-The-Art Programs In A Warm, Welcoming Environment?
Women are at the center of all we do. We provide state-of-the-art programs in a warm, welcoming environment, giving us the distinction of being leaders in women's health regionally, nationally and internationally. The Center for Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology offers a woman-focused approach, knowledge, and expertise to provide highly personalized reproductive health care, including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
Magee Womens Hospital
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is a world-class center for both women’s health and comprehensive medical-surgical care. Ranked among the top 12 hospitals in the nation for gynecological care, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is a National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, one of the first recognized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Magee-Women’s Hospital’s Center for Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology offers a woman-focused approach consisting of knowledge, and expertise to provide you with highly personalized reproductive health care, including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
The Center is home to leading reproductive endocrinologists, embryologists, scientists and andrologists, who have dedicated themselves to the health and well-being of you. Our physicians are supported by a team of specialized nurses, social workers, financial counselors, and highly trained embryologists and laboratory staff.
Expertise at all levels helps women throughout every stage of life. For infertility treatment some of the most common problems treated at the Center include:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Reproductive tract abnormalities
- Recurrent miscarriage and more
Treatment decisions are made in conjunction with the couple and may include:
- ovulation induction
- intrauterine insemination
- assisted reproduction including in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- donor gametes (sperm and oocytes)
- preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Robotic tubal reversal (Tubal reanastomosis)
In addition, the Center offers an egg donation program. Some women are unable to achieve pregnancy with their own eggs for reasons such as premature ovarian failure, decreased ovarian reserve and poor oocyte quality. Magee is currently seeking young, healthy women who care enough to give the gift of life and donate their eggs.
Advanced technology, ongoing research and a supportive team approach keep Magee’s Center for Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology on the cutting edge, but listening keeps us in touch with what matters most - You.
How does one begin to thank someone for the gift of life?? There are truly no words that can capture the appreciation, joy and overall positive impact this experience has had on us.
Dr. Anthony Wakim and Marti Carlin, Clinical Coordinator, have treated us not as customers or patients, but instilled a feeling of family. In today's world what speaks more to the gift of life than family? In a world filled with cynicism and deceit, it is difficult to trust anyone you know let alone those who you meet for the first time. These professionals bring with them a level of personal attention and concern that comforted us in a field we knew little to nothing about.
Our experience has been nothing but positive and we wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who truly wants to experience another chapter of life with their sole mate. The experience we shared with the staff of Magee Women's Hospital extends well beyond the reasons we originally sought out their help. A rejuvenated view of the goodness in people and the values and beliefs of those who care surrounded us at all times.
So in closing how does one thank someone else? Simply answered; through carrying on these same values in order to make the world a better place.
We would like to express our deepest and most sincere thank you's to all of the staff, but especially Dr. Wakim and Marti, who without them our dreams could have never come true.
We thank you and God bless! Debra and Michael Cummings-Debra & Michael Cummings, New Parents
- Personalized care - you will never feel like a "number" in our practice.
- Cost Sharing Program that can be utilized by anyone. We do not "cherry pick" our patients, allowing only some to take advantage of the shared risk program.
- We offer all aspects of infertility treatment, from natural cycle with timed intercourse, to the more advanced technologies such as IVF with ICSI, donor egg, gestational surrogacy and preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
- With the most extensive listing of donors in the area, couples needing IVF with donor eggs can often achieve pregnancy within 6 months.
- Our staff of physicians, nurses, embryologists, and support staff pride themselves in helping you take advantage of their combined expertise of over 125 years in the field of reproductive health.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Artificial Insemination, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Gestational Surrogacy, ICSI (Microfertilization), Tubal Ligation Reversal
Areas Served: Pittsburgh, Butler, Uniontown, Monroeville, Johnstown, Wexford, Erie, Morgantown, Wheeling, Steubenville