Nu-Living Optimal Wellness and Longevity CenterWeight Loss Programs, Anti-Aging
Alan Stephen Terlinsky, MD
Describe the most rewarding experience that you have had working with a patient?
John from Fairfax, VA came to see me about two years in very poor health, resigned to a life of low energy, chronic fatigue and a mysterious recurrent rash. This 38 yr old businessman and father of two had been seen by many standard doctors and specialists but had made no progress. John told me a complex story of how he had been not long ago very healthy, productive and optimistic about life. He had a loving wife and enjoyed playing with his kids. A terrible case of flu like illness 5 years earlier had left him without energy, depressed and unable to perform basic daily tasks without becoming totally exhausted. After I spent over three hours with him on his first visit and reviewed copious medical records, I suggested to John that the likely cause was unrecognized food sensitivity and an intestinal yeast infection. After testing confirmed my diagnosis, a combination of good nutrition and elimination of his yeast allowed John to recover rapidly and resume his normal life.
What is your favorite quote or saying?
" can do the difficult ; the impossible takes more time."
What makes your specialties the right fields of medicine for you?
I am attracted to Internal Medicine because if requires excellence in multiple areas . I became a Nephrologist and Clinical Specialist in Hypertension as I found the immunology , chemistry , and complexity of the the clinical problems very intellectually challenging and requiring broad medical knowledge. Anti-aging medicine and bio-identical hormones are part of the process of extending our healthspan and maintaining of our quality of life. It is part of the ultimate practice of preventive medicine. Functional and Integrative medicine is about individualized care, and getting to "root" problems of medical conditions. Nutritonal Medicine or Applied Clinical Nutrition is about the use of our food as medicine. Concierge,Membership,Retainer,Private Medicine is getting back to the "old fashioned" personalized , high quality medical care. A strong , reinvigorated doctor patient relationship. For patients who truly value their health.
What is your favorite procedure to perform and why?
The Zerona Cold Laser. Fat removal without pain or surgery.
What Sets Us Apart
Nu-living Concierge Medical Practice of Northern Virginia. Our preventative/restorative programs include weight management, men and women's hormonal balancing, and functional/anti-aging medicine. You receive individualized care, cutting edge medicine
- Doctor Terlinsky has over 23 years of active clinical experience as a medical practitioner. Currently, he is available to patients 5 days per week in his northern Virginia based family practice.
- Boarded in Internal Medicine, (Georgetown University, 1975-76).
- Certified in Nephrology.
- Certified in Clinical Hypertension.
- Certified in Bariatric Medicine, offered through the American Society of Bariatric Physicians.
- Dr. Terlinsky has attended numerous recent medical conferences, including the Endocrinology Society meeting in San Francisco, June 2008. He has also appeared as a guest on WMAL 630 AM radio's "Health Line" talkshow, participating in a show titled "The Obesity Epidemic in the U.S.". Dr. Terlinsky also attended the annual meeting of American Association of Bariatric Medicine in which Dr. Barry Sears of the Zone Diet and Dr. Atkins of the Atkins diet were key speakers.
- American College of Physicians - Fellow
- American Society of Hypertension - Passed the Specialists in Clinical Hypertension Examination
- American Board of Bariatric Physicians - Passed Oral and Written Exam
- Certified in Four Medical Areas:
- Internal Medicine
- Weight Medicine (Bariatrics)
- Internal Medicine
- North American Menopause Society
- American Association of Endocrinologists
- National Kidney Foundation
- Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome Association of America
Contact the Doctor
Please contact our office at 877-207-8361 or complete the form below to request more information from Alan Stephen Terlinsky, MD.